Hello very much!!
Its been….a while….. sorry about that. Life has been life-y, and i had a bunch of school things straight after the break, but now i’m in one of those intermittent periods without much to do!!
Needless to say, it’s become one of my FAVOURITE series of all time and has taken over my thoughts every minute of the day. It’s also become one of my favourite ships OAT. I know how much their (Ilya & Shane’s) sexual relationship plays a role in the plot (yes there is one, bear with me), but I honestly could take it or leave it. What I love so much is the fluff!!! I’m a Sucker for the enemies-to-lovers, forbidden love tropes, so this was right up my alley. I love how towards the end, they got really vulnerable and soft with each other. Heated Rivalry may have also reactivated my desire to live in a cottage in the pacific northwest somewhere. It may have also made the TV glow (iykyk), but that's a story for another time
I also felt really bad, because of allllll the straight women who are (kind of) fetishising it. I do appreciate that not everyone is doing that, but it's definitely significant enough for me to hear other people talking about it. I had posted that I was watching HR on my insta story, and I heard from a friend that their friend group had screenshotted it and were discussing it. Aka, the guy (who is gay) who messaged about it was already talking about how everyone was being weird online and posted my story as a ‘look even Clara is watching it’. Essentially, look, even she’s joining in on the other straights watching it. I will defend myself, though, that I (don’t think) have ever mentioned anything weird about the show or the guys, nevertheless, I saw where this guy was coming from.
I’m a little sad, because I feel like I always come onto trends waaaayyyyy too late. I only started listening to ethel cain after she got super big and didn’t do any of those fun ‘small artist’ things she used to. I feel the same here. It feels like I joined all of 2 weeks too late. I joined around the time when Connor & Hudson were both deleting all ‘non-professional’ stuff from the internet. Obviously, I can find that stuff online, but I always hate listening or engaging in things that someone has tried really hard to delete.
As for my friends, I did get a little pissed at their reaction to me saying I watched HR. (That’s not really what I wanted to say in the title, but still relevant. They all were like: “Uhh, that show is really explicit”. Idk it made me feel bad because they made it sound like I was a weird straight woman fetishising gay men…
Anyways, my other point was my annoying friends. Well, not all of them, just 2. Let's name the first friend Connie, and the second friend is Christane (and yes, their names rhyme with that). Christane is really the one with whom I have an issue, but Connie doesn’t make it better, and in fact, enables it. Essentially, Christane is super, uber, mega, ultra, possessive over Connie. It is in a friend's way, but it's completely over the top. And I know, different folks, different strokes. But it's enough to make someone else uncomfortable. (It makes me uncomfortable…). It's to the extent that even my other friend (let's name him Mailer), can’t even talk to Connie without Christane staring daggers. They (Christane & Connie) are genuinely attached at the hip, and it makes them absolutely insufferable to be around. You can’t even sit next to Connie, let alone talk to him. That’s why they’re in their little bubble with each other together. It is a little funny, since they’re always complaining about how they don’t have anyone to talk to or sit with, to which I say: MAYBE LOOK AT YOURSELVES FOR ALL OF 2 SECONDS, AND YOU’LL FIND OUT WHY.
Hey, so it's the next day (when writing this), and I heard from Mailer that Christane actually told him that she doesn’t like me. Bro. She was also super passive-aggressive during break time today. Its really pissing me off. I would confront them, like my mom is suggesting, but I honestly don’t think anything good will come from that. As of now, Mailer and I has just decided to keep our distance (at least during lunch). Can anyone relate? Don’t get me wrong, I love them as friends (Well, love is a strong word). I mean I really enjoy their company when they’re not fuming with jealousy over the other.
Side note!!! this video came across on my youtube home page and I just need to share it with everyone. its the funniest thing ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeOYPPSpzWQ
I think i’m gonna call it a night (i’ve been reading HR and i’ve got to the coming out scene and want to finish it). I don’t know when I’ll post next, since I have so much other life stuff that unfortunately the fun stuff gets put to the sidelines :<
Make sure to drink water and eat!! Get lots of sleep. And, as always, love yourself
No comments:
Post a Comment